To the teacher
This booklet contains ten tests - TESTS 1-9 and one FINAL TEST. They are based on the most important grammatical structures and lexical items found in each unit of ADVENTURES with English 1 Coursebook. Each of tests 1-9 consists of two pages, one devoted to grammar and the other to vocabulary. The tasks conform to well-established types: Fill-in, transformation, error correction, synonym & antonym definition and M. C. 0. The Final Test draws on the same range of tasks but includes three pages, two testing grammar and the third vocabulary.
Each test is designed to be done in class upon completion of each Coursebook unit. The tests are in two parts and can, at the teachers discretion, be given either in separate teaching hours, or together. A time limit of 40 minutes, 20 minutes for each part, is suggested. In preparation for the test, students are advised to work through the revision exercises found in both the Consolidation pages of the Coursebook and the Preparatory Tests at the end of each Workbook unit.
- to be - possessive adjectives - articles - a/an/the
- have got - prepositions of place
- plurals - (ir)regular nouns there is/are - some/any
- (un)countable nouns - imperatives & object pronouns - how many/much - a few/little
- can/must - present progressive
- present simple - question words
- propositions of time - possessive case - genitive 'OF'
- was/were - past simple - (IR)regular verbs
- future simple - adjectives/adverbs - comparisons
- general revision on the most important grammatical structures & vocabulary